“The Activate Gym has lots of wheelchair accessible equipment and helps me to tone my muscles and joints with exercise you can’t do at home. The warm welcome and friendly smile helps me to go the extra mile”
Ian Westgate MBE
Welcome to the Activate Gym, a wheelchair accessible gym based within the Therapy Department at The Chaseley Trust in Eastbourne, East Sussex.
Activate is the only gym in the Eastbourne area specifically for wheelchair users and provides a supported environment to allow both wheelchair users and those with restricted mobility an opportunity to exercise.
Under the guidance of our gym instructor and following a full induction programme, tailor-made packages are designed to suit your individual requirements so whether the user is exercising for the first time or wanting to continue to keep fit and healthy the gym instructor can advise and support you to get the most out of your gym experience. Our present equipment includes:
• Multi-gyms for a full upper body strengthening workout, supported standing machines for core and resistance work
• Cycle machines for assisted and active upper and lower limb workouts
• A treadmill for walking practice as well as stamina and endurance
• An adapted rowing machine for full body work
• Parallel bars and free weights
Our staff are very friendly and ready to assist, so why not arrange a visit to our gym and have a look for yourself I’m sure you will not be disappointed.
Just call 01323 744386 and ask for our gym instructor, David Monaghan, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have on how to join the Activate gym.
All sessions last up to approximately 1 hour, depending on your programme content and can be paid for at Reception. We offer monthly payment plans by Standing Order.Contact Us Today
We have the following options available:
- Pay as you go – £15 per session, to be paid before your appointment
- One to one sessions – £35 per session
- Bronze Membership (one session per week) – £50 per month (£11.54 per session, based on a year’s membership)
- Silver Membership (up to two sessions per week) – £75 per month (£8.65 per session, based on a year’s membership)
- Gold membership (up to three sessions per week) – £100 per month (£7.69 per session, based on a year’s membership)
Everyone will be required to undertake an induction, which incurs a one off fee of £35
*Current price list as of September 2022