Chaseley cares for adults over the age of 18 with a wide range of severe physical disabilities, including spinal injury, an acquired brain injury, stroke and loss of limbs. We also care for those with progressive conditions, such as Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
Whether you have long-term, short-term or day care requirements, we promote a person-centered approach and encourage everyone to take an active part in fulfilling an enhanced quality of life.
Many of our 55 bedrooms have sea views, some rooms can accommodate two persons and we encourage residents to personalise their own space. All bedrooms and communal areas have a call bell system that links to our care team.
Our large dining room has adaptations available for those with specific needs around nutrition, more fantastic sea views and lovely home cooked meals. Some residents choose to eat in their own rooms or in the CasBAR our bistro area with outside decking to enjoy Eastbourne’s high levels of sunshine.
Outings include visits to popular tourist attractions. There are relaxing activities, such as Art or Ceramics, yoga, flower arranging or a visit from Therapy Animals. They can also be more lively activities such as gardening, karaoke, boccia and group game or discussion in our CasBAR.
We want to make sure that we support the development, independence and wellbeing of the people who use our services. Whether your goal is to increase your independence or further your abilities, we will build an individual plan of care that is right for you.
We also offer respite stays or holidays.
Eastbourne is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the South East of England, due largely to the award winning beaches, Victorian seafront and high levels of sunshine compared to the rest of the UK.
The fantastic coastline of Eastbourne includes Beachy Head; Britain’s highest chalk sea cliff and recognised as an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Eastbourne Bandstand and other venues such as the Devonshire Theatre, Eastbourne Winter Garden and the Royal Hippodrome play host to some of the country’s best plays, musicals and performances.
Every year Eastbourne is the location for Airborne, the country’s largest free airshow and Chaseley has exceptional views of the action.
Transport links to Brighton, London, London Airports and the South East Coast are easily available, as well as the A27 and A22 allowing drivers a pleasant and easy journey into Eastbourne.
Visit www.visiteastbourne.com for further information.
A neurological physiotherapist is a therapist who has specialist skills and knowledge in the treatment of patients who have suffered trauma or a disease affecting their brain and spinal cord.We can help you with any physical movement problems, including balance, strength and coordination. Our therapists also have specialist skills in postural assessment and management. The therapy team includes physiotherapists and physiotherapy assistants who provides specialist rehabilitation programmes for people with severe and complex neurological disabilities.
Some of the conditions that are treated are:
Acquired brain injury Stroke
Spinal cord injury Multiple Sclerosis
Motor Neurone Disease Parkinson’s Disease
Cerebellar ataxia Cerebral Palsy
- One to one Physiotherapy assessments to establish therapy goals.
- Setting up of treatment plan and home exercise programs which is flexible and tailored to suit your needs
- Maintenance programmes supported by Therapy assistants.
- 24-hour postural management which includes positions in the wheelchair, arm chair and bed.
- We promote your optimal level of function to enhance your independence, prevent secondary complications associated with long-term conditions and aim to improve your quality of life.
Equipment and Facilities
The Therapy Department has two specific areas.
- A specifically designed gym for disabled individuals with a wide range of specialised gym equipment
- A therapy treatment area with specialist rehabilitation equipment including beds, ceiling track hoist, specialist bikes, Tilt table, Standing and walking frames.
How do you access our services?
- NHS Service – we have the East Sussex Healthcare NHS contract to provide Physiotherapy for long term clients who have maintenance and rehabilitation needs and require specialist postural assessments and advice. This service can be accessed by a referral from your local NHS Physiotherapist.
- As a permanent Chaseley Resident either funded within your care package or self-funding.
- As a respite/ short term resident you can self-fund during you stay with us to access our Services.
- Self-funding and referral by yourself.
Cost of Services
Physiotherapy Assessment – £80
Physio led session – £65
Physio Assistant led session – £35
Membership packages for the gym – Gym induction of £30 is mandatory for all new members
- Pay as you go – £15 per session
- Bronze – £50 – up to one session per week
- Silver – £65 – up to 2 sessions per week
- Gold – £80 – up to 3 sessions per week
To contact us and discuss any of the above please call 01323 744203
Or Email – email@example.com
Activate is the only gym in the area specifically for wheelchair users.
Our therapy gym has a wide range of disabled accessible equipment, including ceiling tracked hoist, parallel bars, powered standing frames, tilt tables, plinths, power-assisted bikes, cross-trainers, multi-gym and weights equipment. The team at the gym can assist with arranging a programme of exercise that is specific to you and your requirements.
The gym also offers sessions for people with disabilities living in the local area and membership can be arranged to suit all individual requirements.
After your workout you can enjoy refreshments in the bar and terrace, whilst enjoying the beautiful views.
“Hi I’m David, Activate’s gym instructor. At Activate, we will design a tailor made package to suit your requirements, whether you are exercising for the first time or want to continue to keep fit and healthy. Call me to make an appointment for an induction session.”
Gym memberships range from £25-£80 per month or you can pay as you go at £15 per session.